To Our PVH Family,
We have officially reopened for curbside care! We plan to remain open to provide essential care for your pets unless mandated otherwise, but we ask for your help to be able to do so.
We will continue to look to the CDC and the American and Louisiana Veterinary Medical Associations for guidance on how to handle this unprecedented situation. As of now, we have adopted the following procedures to try to keep our team and our clients healthy:
- Please do not come to the hospital if you are feeling sick or if you are self-quarantined due to exposure or high risk. If possible, ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in for you, and give that person any necessary information regarding your pet’s history and symptoms as well as permission to approve testing or treatment if necessary.
- We will be providing curbside care exclusively until further notice. Curbside for us means that we will meet you in the parking lot to address your needs.
- If you are picking up food or medication, we will bring it to your car.
- If you are dropping off or picking up for surgery, we will have a technician meet you at the curb to transfer your pet and to give pre- and post-op directives.
- If your visit is for a sick or well pet exam, we will take your pet inside the hospital while you wait in the car, and we will call you discuss our findings.
We are washing our hands, using hand sanitizer, and wiping down all surfaces as often as we can between patient visits to minimize risk of exposure to our clients, staff, and community.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please call us at 504-899-2828.
Please stay safe and healthy, everyone.
All our best,
Your Doctors and Staff at Prytania Veterinary Hospital